Sunday, August 2, 2015

Build A Lazy Susan





BUILD A LAZY SUSAN

I love lazy susans. They are so nice to have. Especially when you have a larger family. It makes the whole pass the salt thing very easy. I have very fond memories growing up of going to my friends houses and they would have big happy family dinners and there was always a big oak round lazy susan on the table that held all the essentials. When I had kids I got all warm and fuzzy thinking about those great memories and a few months ago I decided to go for it. 

All you need for this is:

1 turntable (like for spices in cupboards) from target
1 wood round from the hardware 
1 bit - o - glue 
spray paint in 2 colors 
a scrap piece of lace

The very first thing I did was paint the round the base color. I am sure this would look fantastic stained with a white lace pattern on top but I didn't have poly at the time and just decided to paint it. The when it was dry i laid the lace over top.


 If the lace isn't tight you will get a sort of mistish look to your lace pattern so I just used my craft paints to hold it down and it did the trick nicely. 
Paint away! 
 There it is! I was a little more heavy handed with the white paint than I wanted to be but oh well. Looks pretty bitchin' to me! 

Let it dry and either clear coat or leave it be. Your choice. 
All I did to adhere it to the turntable was flip er over and glue it on. I left it there to dry for a few hours then put it on my table! Viola! 






Those roses came out of my yard! They're massive and I think I have grown about 50 by now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment