Friday, April 3, 2015

Here we are!

Hey there! I'm Briana and he's Jordan . We are a husband and wife team on a mission to remodel our outdated cheap-o lake house in the pacific northwest. The kicker... We have 4 kids. 6 and under so things get a little tricky and more than a little thrifty. We have already done so many things in this piece that I was worried I wouldn't have anything to talk about. Then I remembered that not once in my life have I ever run out of things to talk about. Truth. 

Anyway so here we are. I'm going to just jump right in. You'll have to excuse my less than awesome phone camera photos. We had a small fire in our bedroom in December (2014) that burned our desk so I didn't have enough memory on my camera cards to use it. Thankfully Jordan was a superstar and built me a fancy desk to hook my computer back up! Whoop Whoop! 

Here she is in all her glory...

Yep. Love it ;) Our house isn't very big so finding a spot to put it was uh... interesting...... but we figured it out. 
So here I am. Blogging. Here's a few projects that have been either completed or are in limbo until we can get to them. 

This is just a few of the more recent projects we have been working on.


 This was a closet. In a TINY. I repeat TIIIINNNNYYY entryway. I was not happy with that so I comissioned Jordan to rip that bad dog out and put this in. Thankfully I had a fairly expensive bench from target that I was able to sell and pay for the entire project! DIYer win! 

 These beauties added some much needed allure to our house. Shutters are like the eyeliner of the curb appeal world. 

 I bought this hutch off Craigslist for 120 bucks 3 years ago. I had previously painted the outside dark grey and the interior a bright mint color as well as took out all the glass panels and painted the brass hardware bronze. Well... It no longer matched so I re did it lol. It happens.

We like stripes. Seriously like them..
 Our kitchen **SWOON**.. It's awesome! We have very wonky ceilings so crown molding wasn't going to work so we used strips of MDF and dentil molding to fake it! It surprisingly turned out great! We are not finished painting at all. Like not even close... AT ALL, but I wanted to share a small peeky boo anyway.
 Our room. We have different bedding now lol but you get the idea. 

 This is our only full bath that is also our kids/ guest bath. Don't mind my reflection I was obnoxiously pregnant at the time of camera phoning.
 We have these gross builder oak window ledges on every window in the house. I find them annoying and i like to flip them the bird every time I walk by them. So enter MDF. we have 4 windows left to do and my middle finger can rest.

This beauty. we replaced the crown molding on it, painted the crusty tile and the oak mantle. For comparison here is a before. 

yep. 

So there it is. A few of the things we have been working on. I'm going to post some photos of the house that were in the real estate listing below. Take it in. Basque in it's plainness.. 

 The boy's room...


 Laundry. Not that you could tell... 


 Girls Room..


 Butlers quarters. Just kidding. The kitchen.
 Master bathroom and SURPRISE. It still looks like this...
 Master bedroom.
 Crusty faucet. **shutters**
this thing...
Our dining room? It's more like an extension of our living room that has different flooring.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing!! I Love It!! And this was so entertaining to read! Great Job, Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized none of my before photos uploaded lol. Whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my previous posting got to you...I don't see it... Is there any way you could opt for a darker font on your comments postings? I can barely read them. This is going to be a fantastic blog! Love it already! Grama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can. The template came with a bunch of colors. :)

      Delete