Monday, April 27, 2015

Pot Roast


Not so MISSISSIPPI pot roast


We're on a diet :(. So I am trying to come up with ways to still eat the stuff I love but still lose weight. I have been struggling with my blood sugar since I was pregnant with my third child so it's getting to that moment where its like either do it, or die. I like to live so I'm going with option A. J thinks he's fat too ( AHAHAHAHAHAHA) so he's joining me on the diet express. He's hilarious! Anyway... I love pot roast and I have seen all over Pinterest land these recipes for Mississippi pot roast (I feel like I am 5 again every time I write that word! I get all sassy up in my head. Yep. I'm 5.)  So I figured out a way to skinny it up a bit. It's not perfect but it's actually really good!

Also I was super sick for a few days. Like I'm dying, Seriously I'M DYING!!! sick. I still kinda am but I'm pretty much in denial so I thought a crock pot meal would be the best way to go (and not have to eat eggs for dinner because that's all J can cook).


So here's the recipe:

1 BIG sirloin pork roast
2 packets onion soup mix
1 packet ranch
1/2 cup chicken stock
5 pepper things ( I dont care to look up the proper spelling) 
Cilantro
Buns of choice
Herb Butter (as follows)

1 stick butter (margarine is what I used but I think butter would work too) 
1 tsp chives
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dill

1. Place that big ole roast in your magical machine that is known as the slow cooker. Basically throw everything on top of it lol. I mixed the herb butter together then placed it on top so there wouldn't be any clumping

2. Cook on HIGH for about 6 to 8 hours. After about hour 6 you should shred it and put it back in the cooker. 

3. Take it out and put it on your buns of choice. 

4. ENJOY!!



Hello little ingredients! Get in my cooker!!!
 Garlic Herb Butter. Um yum. 






We used some buns I found at IGA. That is also some fat free (flavor free) swiss franken cheese. 

 
  There you go. Dinner. It wont break the calorie bank either. Unless of course you eat ALL of it. Which is very possible!!


PS. Did anyone notice some pretty sweet tile on our backsplash? J finally finished it this weekend inbetween loads of laundry.. Thanks Flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment