Monday, May 18, 2015

Yum Yum Raspberry White Chocolate Bars

Raspberry White Chocolate Bars

Aka: YUM YUM bars. OH. MY. Lanta. these are insane! I think I ate half a pan of them insane. Did I mention easy? With just a few things you probably already have on hand you can make a ridiculous dessert in no time.

These bars are kind of a mash up of a few recipes I had found online and just made my own.

I know I had mentioned before that we were on a diet. Emphasis on the "were"... Ugh.. Heavy sigh... I'll be fat forever... sad face... ANYWAY! These are delicious. I don't recommend eating an entire pan in one sitting because they are really sweet and will surely send you into a diabetic coma.. That's just not my idea of a fun time but if that's your thing then rock on. LOL. Here's the recipe.. Go NOW. RUUUUUUUUN to your kitchen!

Raspberry White Chocolate Bars

1 cup white flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick-o-butter (SOFTENED)
1 cup raspberry jam (seedless is best, really...)
1 small clam shell fresh raspberries
1/2 package white chocolate chips

Preheat Oven to 350F. Yeilds 8 large bars. Bake for 40 minutes.












1. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and the butter. Blend well with a pastry blender until the mixture looks like small peas. I have found that if it looks just a bit too dry I put a cap full of vanilla extract in to moisten it just a bit.
2. Line a small glass pyrex with NONSTICK tin foil. Like all the way lol. Line the hell out of it.  Seriously it eliminates greasing the pan and potentially scorching the corners.
3. Press 2 CUPS of the dry mixture into the bottom of the pan to make the crust.
4. Pour jam over top ( I find that heating it slightly in the micro works well for spreading. Like 30 seconds)
5. Sprinkle the whole container of raspberries over the jam and sprinkle half the white chocolate chips over the raspberries.
6. Top with remaining dry mixture. Spread it evenly.. 
7. Lastly you have the option of just throwing the white chocolate chips on top and baking that way or melting them and drizzling them on top. I'll definitely do that next time!

Set the timer for 40 minutes and ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment